Sterling Silver Cuff Bracelet, Hinged Bangle Deakin & Francis 1960
A lovely sterling silver hallmarked bangle made in Birmingham England in 1960 by Deakin & Francis.
The bangle is in very good vintage condition with no damage, just some minor surface scratches and tarnishing. The clasp is a little stiff but then holds together well, it seems to open best by holding down the clasp in the left hand and gently pulling away the engraved half with the right hand.
The bangle would fit a medium sized wrist and measures approximately 6 cm, 2 3/8" in diameter. The bangle is fairly narrow for this style and measures approximately 1 cm, 2 3/8 in width.
The bracelet is clearly hallmarked as Birmingham 1960 sterling silver, with the makers mark D&F for Deakin & Francis, England's oldest manufacturing jewellers founded in 1786 and still in the same building in Birmingham. The bracelet is silver and as marked, wax filled.
Made in 1960 and so 60 years old this would be a wonderful gift for a 60th birthday or diamond anniversary.
***Shipping to Canada***
The Royal Mail website warns of delays of several weeks in shipping to Canada and recommends that as tracking is given priority the service should be used.
For this reason I have added the cost of tracking to the shipping cost for Canada but will refund on orders over £50, $90 Canadian. The additional cost is £5, approximately $9.
Please message me if this is unclear or you wish to proceed without the cost of tracking, understanding that the order would be likely to take at least 4 weeks.
PAYMENT: Payment is by PayPal, Credit Card or Etsy Gift Cards
Payment is administered by Etsy or Paypal, individual shop owners do not see your credit card or bank details.
Shipping from United Kingdom
Posting is within 2 business days, although usually sooner.
Delivery will be to the address that appears on your Etsy invoice, so please ensure that this is accurate and complete.
Please be aware that delivery times outside of the UK can be unpredictable and variable. Normally shipments to Europe take 4 - 10 working days, the USA & Canada take from 7 to 15 working days but can take a little less, or rarely, 21 days or more if they encounter obstacles on their journey such as bad weather or customs delays. Similarly for Australia, New Zealand, Japan and most other international destinations except Canada where currently long delays have been experienced - please contact me with any queries.
Within the UK posting is normally by 1st class Royal Mail with proof of posting. If the item is especially valuable or fragile a different method may be listed.
International posting is normally by Royal Mail Airmail with proof of posting. If the item is especially valuable or fragile a different method may be listed.
These methods of postage have proved reliable and cost effective but do not offer a tracking service. If an upgraded service is required on non UK orders this is usually available for additional cost at checkout
Please use the "Contact Seller" button if any of this is unclear or if you wish to discuss other options. It is very unlikely that a cheaper option would be available except perhaps on multiple item orders - discount on subsequent items added to the cart are already made automatically.
International Customs Fees are the responsibility of the buyer and are not included in the purchase price of any item. I am required to declare the value of the goods on the customs form. Customs fees and taxes vary from country to country and by class of item. They need to be investigated by the buyer, including any extra charges that may be imposed by your postal service for collecting these monies.
Returns & Exchanges
I gladly accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 21 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 1 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
Questions about your order?
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Returns and exchange details
Returns and cancellation of orders are accepted within 14 days of receipt and in the condition as sent. Return postage is at the buyers expense unless the seller is at fault. In this case a cost effective method of return needs to be discussed before the goods are sent back.
If there is a problem with a purchase please contact me first and I will hope to resolve the matter.
Cancellations are accepted if notified immediately and so before shipping, which is usually the same day and can be within 30 minutes of the order depending on the time of day.
Sellers in the EU are required to make available a form for buyers to complete should they wish to make a return. Etsy have provided a standard form of this which you may print or copy and paste to an Etsy message. There is a link below to this document , should you wish you may download in English, French or German. A simple message though outlining the information will suffice.
Your shipping and billing address, and your contact information will only be used to:
Communicate with you about your order
Fulfill your order
For legal reasons (like paying taxes)
To contact the shop owner please click on "contact shop owner" on the front page of my shop, APureVintage, or "ask a question" on any item page from APureVintage.
It is then very easy to leave a message.
These messages are checked regularly throughout the day.
Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you will provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information regarding the order if you contact me directly.
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for a mailing list or request detail of future product availability;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information about my customers is necessary to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to provide delivery services to my shop. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Anne-Marie Cooke, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me using my contact details in the "Additional policies and FAQs" section immediately above this one.